Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE)
- Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers was started on 18th May 1947 located at Dr H L Roy building, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
- The Institute is recognized by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization
- It will provide a platform to Indian Chemical & Allied Industry, Academia & Research for continuous education, Professional excellence, networking and attaining global recognition
- The IIChE Student Chapter was inaugurated at Adhiyamaan College of Engineering on 5th February 2010
- To conduct conferences
- To conduct seminars
- To organize workshops
- To conduct refreshment courses and counseling sessions
- To promote research
- To guide Chemical Engineering Students in Career planning
- To conduct industrial visits to better equip and empower the students
Activities at ACE under IIChE Student Chapter:
- The Inaugural function of “IIChE Student Chapter” was held on 05/02/2010.
Dr. T. Kannadasan, Vice-Chancellor i/c, Director (Research), Anna University, Coimbatore, delivered the Inaugural Address.
- A Two day National Level Technical Symposium “CHEMSPARX’13” on 26-27 September 2013
A Two-day National level Technical symposium (CHEMSPARX’13) was organized under IIChE Student’s Chapter of Chemical Engineering Branch at Adhiyamaan college of Engineering, Hosur, during 26-27th September 2013. In the inaugural session, Mr K Kamaraj, District Environmental Engineer, TNPCB, Krishnagiri, was the chief guest and delivered a valuable speech to the students,
Mr. Manjunath Venkatesh, Competency Dev-Ops Leader, Honeywell Technology Solutions Lab Pvt. Ltd, was the Guest of honor and Dr. G. Ranganath, Principal; Adhiyamaan College of Engineering presided over the function and welcomes the guest and participants.
A Two National Level Students Technical Symposium (CHEMSPARX’12) was organized on 27-28th September 2012. Students from various colleges all over India presented papers on various topics, nearly 100 papers were received out of which 40 papers were selected and presented by 80 students in four sessions. Quiz competition was also conducted and awarded with cash prizes
Dr. Srinikethan, Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, NIT, Surathkal, has delivered a guest Lecture on “Safety aspects in Process industries and role of Chemical Engineers” on August 19, 2013.
Mr. G. Kandasamy, Deputy General Manager, Reliance Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemical division, Mumbai, has delivered a guest lecture on “Design aspects in industries” on October 7, 2013.